Helping North Texans: Laura from Richardson

April 14, 2021
Casework Success Stories

Laura had filed an amended tax return with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for the 2018 filing period. With the amended return submitted, she was due a refund payment from the IRS, but after more than a year, she still hadn't received it. Frustrated by the long delay, Laura decided to contact Rep. Allred for help getting her refund.

Rep. Allred immediately reached out to the IRS to inquire about the situation with Laura's refund. Within just a few days of Rep. Allred's inquiry, Laura finally received her refund check of over $2,500.

If you need help with a federal agency, Congressman Allred’s office is here to help. Please call (972) 972-7949 or visit our services page for more information.