Allred Releases Six Month Report Detailing Work in 117th Congress on Behalf of North Texans
Richardson, TX – Congressman Colin Allred (TX-32) today released a report detailing his work for the people of the 32nd District of Texas during the first half of 2021.
“From a once-in-a-generation pandemic to an unprecedented winter storm, North Texans have shown great resilience and I’m proud of the work we’ve done to help get through these crises over the last few months,” said Allred. “Whether that was coordinating with FEMA to ensure folks were safe during the storm or passing the American Rescue Plan, I’ve worked to help bring relief to our region. I will always do what’s best for North Texas and will keep working in Congress with folks in both parties to help North Texas families and build back better.”
The report spans his work for North Texas on the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, Veterans’ Affairs Committee and Foreign Affairs Committee. It also highlights his work on constituent services as well as his work on COVID-19 relief, including passing the American Rescue Plan which delivered much-needed economic relief to North Texans and dramatically strengthened vaccine distribution and outreach.
Additionally, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce recently announced that Allred was among the most bipartisan members of the House and he earned their Jefferson-Hamilton award for bipartisanship.
2021 Six Month Report Highlights:
- Over $349,000 in federal benefits and money returned to North Texans
- 262 cases closed helping North Texans with federal agencies
- 5 town halls and roundtables
- 138 bills cosponsored, more than 70% have bipartisan support
- Responded to more than 27,400 constituent letters
- Almost $1 billion in funds delivered to help local governments combat COVID-19
- Introduced bipartisan legislation to build a Spinal Cord Injury Center at the Dallas VA
DOWNLOAD THE REPORT HERE: 2021 Allred Six Month Report FINAL.pdf